Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Yay!" for REI dividends!

Used my REI dividends today to get some new 'toys'.
I had some items on my wish list for a while, so I decided to get a pair of Black Diamond 'Trail' trekking poles, and a pair of Petzel Ascension ascenders.

I've never been a fan of trekking poles, but on last years trip to Mt. Shasta a pair would have been tremendously helpful. There are a some mounataineering trips on my to-do/to-go list, so I hope the poles get some good use.
Opposed to the trekking poles I had used the ascenders before. About a year ago I did some aid climbing practice to prepare for a big wall in Yosemite, but never got around to do the trip. Back then I used borrowed ascenders, so I decided to get my own set for the next -hopefully successful- attempt.

No comments: