Saturday, March 28, 2009

Mid Peninsula OSP Mountain Bike Ride

I haven't been on my bike since the end of November. Training for a few races and the trips to Germany and New Mexico had kept me busy. After last week's ankle sprain I was still in no condition to run, so I joined Lesley on a ride across the Peninsula Open Space Preserves. This ride had been on my to-do list for quite a while and it was fun to get on it.

We started at the Russian Ridge parking lot, headed through Russian Ridge to Coal Creek, on to Monte Bello, up to Upper Stevens Creek, through Longs Ridge and Skyline Ridge back to our starting point. It was a total of about 15 miles, with a few serious climbs in it. The total time was around 3 hours.

The burgers we had at Alice's were an appropriate end to a gorgeous morning!

No comments: