Thursday, November 6, 2008

Skiing

Ok, I am still in the preparation for the Las Vegas Marathon, but I find myself thinking about skiing more and more over the last few weeks. First there was the SF Ski & Snowboard Fest at Fort Mason last weekend (an excellent opportunity to try tons of California wines). Then the Sierras got hit by the first winter storm. Kirkwood got between 10"-24" which results in a base depth of 12"-14". Compared to the last two years this seems quite promising.

In a previous post I mentioned that I want to change my training after the marathon. I have been looking at different resources like crossfit, crossfit endurance, Gym Jones and Mountain Athlete. On the later I found some promising workouts, which could enhance my shape for the skiing season. An example would be what Rob Shaul calls a 'Leg Blaster':
20 Air Squats
10 Lunges ea leg
10 Jumping Lunges ea leg
10 Jump Squats
And this is just the warm up :-)

I am looking forward to it!

No comments: