Saturday, November 1, 2008

One year of blogging!

Happy B-day to me! Well, not to me but to my blog...
So what did this year bring?
  1. Lots of running: This is pretty much the only category in which I achieved the goals I set during last winter. I ran three half marathons (Las Vegas, San Fran, San Jose), one 10k (Palo Alto) and one 25k trail race (Mount Diablo). Currently I am training for my first marathon in Las Vegas in a month.
  2. Some climbing: Not as much as I would have liked to, and not as spectacular routes as originally planned. My life was pretty messy in spring, and I was not in a good head space climbing wise. During summer (July, August) and fall (October) work related travel made climbing trips scarce. But I still managed to get a few classic lines in. A trip in late September (East Buttress Middle Cathedral) was really promising.
  3. Travel: I never spent as much time on a plane as this year. Unfortunately mostly for unpleasant things.
  4. Food: Made quite some progress on the project of eating at every place on Castro Street in Mountain View.

No comments: