Monday, November 24, 2008

Plans for 2009

It's Thanksgiving week, the year is coming to an end... Time to look back, but also time to look ahead. I have accomplished quite a few of the goals I had set for myself for this year, not all of them, but given the circumstances I am quite happy with what I managed to complete.

During the year a few things came up which I want to do next year:

Running:
  • do more races (5k - half marathon)
  • improve PRs
  • do trail races
  • run an ultra (50k)
  • increase weekly mileage (and run consistently)
Climbing:
  • Palisades Traverse
  • become a more solid leader, I know this is hard to quantify...
  • Mt. Whitney East Face/East Buttress
  • East Buttress of El Cap
  • a bigwall (Half Dome, Washington Coloumn, Leaning Tower?)
  • a trip to Red Rocks
  • a trip to J-Tree
Mountaineering:
  • Mt. Shasta
  • Mt. Lyell/Mt. Maclure
  • Matterhorn Peak
Travel:
  • Asia, South America or Central America: I need to do international travel again! I haven't done any (besides Germany) since 4 years! I miss it!!!
  • Hawaii
  • Skiing in New Mexico, Colorado
Also (and this is quite important!): More Urban Adventures! (like concerts, clubs, shows, restaurants, etc.) I've been missing that without even noticing!

No comments: