Friday, April 24, 2009

Big Sur Marathon weekend

The Big Sur International Marathion is taking place this weekend. Local runners are raving about it in different blogs, the media coverage is increasing, and the excitement is big.
Not for me though. I was supposed to run the 21 miles as a long trainings run in preparation for the Rock'n'Roll Marathon in San Diego in the end of May. But I haven't run in almost five weeks after spraining my ankle on a trail run in Wunderlich Park. The rehab is taking longer than expected. Cycling, climbing, walking are fine, but running is still a no-no.
So no 21 miles in Big Sur and consequently no marathon in San Diego...

Quite the change of plans for the spring...

I hope to be able to get back in shape for a fall marathon.

1 comment:

Wasatch Girl said...

Bummer. I am in the same boat. I was hoping to do a spring or fall marathon, but I sprained my ankle in Bishop. It has been 8+ weeks and it is still swollen. It is amazing how long it takes to recover from an injury. Have you tried yoga? When I broke my ankle last year I felt like yoga was the cure to finally push me to full recovery.... but then a couple weeks later I sprained the same ankle. Boo. =(