Monday, June 30, 2008

So much for the rest day!

Alright!

After the crossfit class yesterday I spent pretty much the whole afternoon vegging on a couch or in bed... First watching the finals of the Euro 08, then a Bruce Lee movie and in the evening the Track & Field and Swimming trials. Despite good refueling I was slightly sore today. But during the work day I got more and more restless. Upon coming home I decided to go for a run...
It turned out to be quite good! 4.55 miles in 36:49. A 8:05 pace. Not quite where I like to be but definitely a step in the right direction. Today the problem was endurance. I was not able to sustain a higher pace over long times. So I guess I need to get longer runs in. Perhaps that's something I should do in the mornings, when I am not able to run fast anyway :-/
I think my speed will benefit from crossfit. A lot of the class reminded me of my Track & Field workouts through high school and college. And back then I was able to run sub 5min 1500m at the end of a decathlon without specifically training for it.
During my run I thought that I should come up with a few goals I want to achieve in running, climbing, etc...
Something to think about more!

No comments: