Saturday, June 28, 2008

CrossFit class

OK, after plenty of talk I took the 'Intensive Weekend CrossFit Fundamentals'-Class at my climbing gym this weekend.

The class entailed two 4-hour sessions on Saturday and Sunday morning.
On Saturday we started out be learning about the movements in some basic exercises like the squat, the shoulder press, the push press, the push jerk, the overhead squat, and the kipping pull-up. This was followed by a short jog around the neighboring building and a round of 'burpees' and a round of '(forgot the name)'. Back at the gym we went into a 'Fran' WOD. 'Fran' consits of three series 21-15-9 of thrusters and pull-ups for time. It was pretty intense! Just what I was looking for :-) It took me 6:16 to finish.
Gosh! My pull-ups suck!

The class continued At 8AM on Sunday morning. The basics covered on the second day included the deadlift, kettleball swings, Sumo Deadlift High Pull, the snatch and the clean & jerk. The class finished with another tough WOD. 'Fight Gone Bad' was on the schedule. The workout is a circuit of Wall Ball, Kettleball Swings, Box Jumps, Push Presses and rowing. All the exercises are done of one minute without a break in between. After one round there is a one minute break. Repeat 3 times. In the end the total reps are added up. I managed 286. I am quite happy about this :-)

Tomorrow will be a rest day... or perhaps I'll do an easy run.

No comments: