Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The last week in workouts

Last Friday I started to realize my plan of getting up earlier and get some workouts in before work. A quick and easy run would be a good start. I had planned on getting up at 6:30 and hit the trail at 7, but Lesley, who wanted to come along had an early morning meeting and wanted to go earlier. Ah well... 6:30 it was. The 3 miles on the Stevens Creek trail felt pretty hard, and were quite slow that morning. Perhaps it was related to the climbing session I had the night before, which was pretty good, and which had taken quite a bit out of me.

On Saturday I hit the climbing gym with Daniela, after a hilly 5 mile hike. The gym session was good again! We did several lead climbs, as well as some hard top-rope climbs.

Sunday I was back on my mountain bike in El Corte de Madera Open Space Preserve.
GOSH! The descent down Resolution Trail was scary! I need to practice on technical sections a lot! The climb bach up to Skeggs Point via the Methusalah trail was long, steep and fun...Bring on more climbing :-)

Monday was a rest day before hitting the climbing gym again on Tuesday. Here it was mostly hard top-ropes, a few cracks and a chimney. The chimney, rated at 5.8, took it out of me at the end of the day.

This morning I went for my second early morning run...4.5 miles this time. Again it felt hard and slow...Well, looking at the time...It was slow :-( Both nights I slept plenty before the runs, but they just don't feel like evening runs... Perhaps I have to change the snack I have before heading out.

Tomorrow I'll be in the climbing gym again. I'll also sign up for a intense crossfit class this coming weekend. I've been talking about this for quite a while now. So I am really excited to take the class!

In other news: I am excited to get to climb outside again! Yay! Tuolumne next weekend!

No comments: