Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Training

In lack of adventureous activities in the last few weeks here's a brief update on my workout activities since climbing at the Pinnacles:
  • March 10: running, campus loop, 3 miles
  • March 11: climbing at the gym
  • March 12: hiking, PG&E trail, 8 miles 2100ft elevation gain, 2:10
  • March 13: running, campus loop, 3.6 miles (full loop this time)
  • March 15: hiking, Mission Peak, 2100ft elevation in 2 miles. A really nice workout with respect to Mt. Shasta. I'll definitely go back, especially since it's only about 15 minutes from my place. At some point I'd like to be able to run the trail, in preparation for the Diablo 25.
  • March 16: bouldering at the gym & 90 min Yoga
  • March 17: running, SCT, 6.4 miles.
My climbing gym is offering crossfit classes. One of these days I'll check it out.
The plans for the immediate future (the weekend:-)) include the first trip to the Valley for this year. We have our eyes on 'El Cap' tree, a 5 pitch C2 aid route on El Cap. It's identical to the first five pitches of 'Atlantic Ocean Wall'.

Another trip to Yosemite is planned for late April. Probably doing the 'East Buttress of Middle Cathedral' and 'Royal Arches'. Wait! That would be two of the 50 classics in one weekend...No Way! Got to find something else...Braille Book perhaps, this has been haunting me for a while...

No comments: