Saturday, March 1, 2008

Banff Mountain Film Festival Word Tour

Went to Santa Cruz to see the Banff Mountain Film Festival Word Tour last night.
They were showing seven films:
  • Ain't got no friends on a powder day - skiing - awesome footage! Where's the road in the beginning? I want to drive there! Pretty funny too/
  • Trial & Error - mountain biking - Amazing stuff!
  • 20 seconds of joy - BASE jumping - Best film of the night
  • Inner Balance - extreme unicycling - Or "How to hurt your crotch..." Looked like it at least
  • In Flux - kayaking - weakest film of the night
  • Balance - skiing - I wish I could ski!
  • Kinglines - climbing/deep water soloing - Impressive, but I've seen better climbing films
Tonight I am going to the coast again. Aptos this time. There's a screening of 'Sharkwater' a documentary about sharks. I think the emphasis of the movie is on the danger to the species posed by poaching...Damn sharkfin soup!

Ok, before then - off for a run. It will be interesting to see how that works. Haven't run in more than three weeks.

No comments: