Monday, November 12, 2007

Anchors

30% Chance of rain for Saturday and 80% for Sunday, the weather forecast for Yosemite Valley did not look to good by the end of last week. Despite those dull perspectives we decided to pull of the scheduled Anchors class in the Valley. After arriving at Church Bowl around 10:30 Saturday morning I headed out to the Five Open Books area, where I climbed 'The Caverns' with Brian and Grit. It was the first time climbing on granite for both of them, and especially Grit had a hard time getting used to the cracks and the sustained liebacking. I definitely could feel with her, since it reminded me of my first times climbing in Yosemite. But never the less we made good time on the climb and got back to the car way before dark.
During the night the rain set in, so that there was no way we could do any climbing on Sunday.
We spent the morning placing gear at Swan Slabs instead.

On an other note: I did not feel my hamstring during the whole weekend. A good sign!
I did a 4.5 mile run on Friday, where I had to walk a few stretches because my left thigh was tightening up, but no problems since...
Going for another run tomorrow...

No comments: