Friday, May 1, 2009

Food Adventures

Today I emerged on a new food adventure (besides the on-going quest to try every restaurant on Mountain View's Castro Street) by picking up the first farm box I subscribed to.
I was intrigued by the concept of fresh, seasonal, local, organic food at a reasonable price. The advantages of non-industrial food have been discussed in many different places, most prominently probably in Michael Pollan's book 'The Omnivores Dilemma'. I hope I am doing not only me, but also the environment a favor.

An added bonus: It will be easier to try a new recipe each month since new ingredients are thrown at me all the time. I'm quite excited!

In this weeks box:
  • Fava Beans
  • Baby Carrots
  • Shallots
  • Lettuce
  • Strawberries
  • Scallions or Summer Squash or Artichokes (depending on nature's mood)
I

1 comment:

Wasatch Girl said...

Ah, very cool. I have always meant to subscribe to a local farm, but was late in signing up last year and this year am not sure where I will end up home wise.

Hope you enjoy. Plus you should post up any good recipes you discover. =)
Best.
Rachel