Monday, January 5, 2009

A Change of Mind

Yesterday I had a kind of epiphany: Reading a blog post about trail running at Point Reyes National Seashore was one part, and kind of set the tone. The author described a 22 mile run through the Southern part of the park, and posted a bunch of really great pics...
Later that day I went for a short hike at Castle Rock State Park. Now, I've been to Castle Rock countless times... exclusively for climbing though. I've been to Goat Rock, Castle Rock Falls, Castle Rock proper, etc. But I never ventured further down the trail... Yesterday I did. It was amazing! And it struck me: Just do trail runs... Not as a means of training, but as means to go to places! Just enjoy being out there... I guess that's what 'Mountain Running' and 'Adventure Running' is all about: One can get to really cool places by really simple means...
Expect to find me on trails in the hills more often instead of the Baylands in the future!

No comments: