Sunday, September 7, 2008

What a weekend!

This weekend was simply fantastic!

I started Saturaday morning with a 10 mile run through Shoreline Park and the Palo Alto Baylands. Besides the two half marathons I ran, and the Diablo 25, this was the longest run I ever did...and it felt good! Really good! I was right on the rx'ed pace, actually two seconds faster and could have kept going... So the running training is going well...

After getting back home I had a huge omlette with mushrooms for breakfast (ok, I had a banana before I left for the run), and took a nap while watching college football. Around 1:15 I drove over to Sue's place and we went to Lindamar Beach in Pacifica surfing. Again: Simply fantastic, I can only compare it to the most perfect day out there, which was Oct. 29. 2005 :-). But yesterday was close...really calm sea, and occaisional perfect (for my limited skills at least) waves. It was rally peaceful and relaxing. On the way back we stopped at 'Flying Fish' in Half Moon Bay for fish tacos...

Today Ben and I headed up to Lover's Leap, where we climbed 'The Grove' and 'Traveller's Buttress'. Details on that will follow. Here only so much: It was another beautiful day!

The next week will be a little calmer... No plans for tomorrow, a tempo run on Tuesday, perhaps some climbing on Wednesday, a talk by Dean K (the Ultra-Marathon Man) in San Carlos on Thursday, and the Palo Alto Moonlight 10K on Friday... Sounds pretty busy too, but there is not too much exercise in there... Also no plans for the next weekend yet... we'll see what that brings (besides another long run (12 miles)).

No comments: