Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Some thoughts on goals and training

I have thought about some long term goals. They include:
  • A triathlon (hopefully an Ironman)
  • An ultra-marathon (50 or 100 miles)
  • more alpine routes
  • climb as many of the 50 classics as possible
  • climb all California 14ers
  • climb a few Bigwalls
As for the training:
I've been following a trainings plan from RunnersWorld.com, and it seems to work well for me. I'll know more in a few days, after having raced in the Palo Alto Moonlight run. I intend to stick with this plan/plans for the upcoming half and full marathons as well.
However, I came across crossfitendurance.com, and it seems very interesting, since the actual volume of the workouts seems to be smaller and less time consuming. Additionally, the regular crossfit workouts, which are incorporated in their program seem to be beneficial to my climbing plans too. Furthermore, looking at a 50miler trainings plan on RunnersWorld.com, their emphasis on strength training increases as well. So it might be worth a shot...
I've also toyed with the idea of joining a local Triathlon Team. Seems like a fun thing to do.

No comments: