Sunday, May 25, 2008

"This needs some love!"

That's a quote from Daniela, when she last saw my mountain bike.
I last used my bike about half a year ago, and the last time I worked on it, e.g. cleaned it was...
well, never.

So I devoted this afternoon to bike cleaning and tuning. I have to admit that I don't have a clue about bikes, but Wendy is a pro...She build up one of her bikes from scratch. She was willing to show me the tricks of the trade. It was quite fun to take the thing almost completely apart, clean the components and put it back together.

After we finished I wanted to go for a ride, but having an eye on the Diablo 25 in two weeks I decided to go for a run instead. It was just a quick 3 miles on the Stevens Creek Trail, but I am looking into logging a long run at Rancho San Antonio tomorrow afternoon. I am really looking forward to the race on Mt. Diablo! I just hope it won't be too toasty!

I was supposed to climb Washington Coloumn this weekend, but I didn't feel to great in the last couple of weeks, so I cancelled my plans. And looking at the weather in Yosemite yesterday that was a good choice. I hope that I/we will be able to try the South Face route later this year, perhaps in September, when the temperatures in the Valley are back to bearable...

No comments: