Saturday, February 2, 2008

Pre-race day

A few days ago I was asked what my pre-race day routine is.
I didn't have an answer. Mostly because I've only done one "race" in the past 10 years or so.
But it got me thinking... Did I have a routine in my track and field days. Definitely on race day, but the day before?
I guess I watched my bed time...but other than that? If the comp would be on a Saturday, I would go to Friday night practice, have a light warm-up, chat with my buddies, and perhaps have a few beers before heading home to sleep. Yes, these were the days, when on or two beers were performance enhancing... I don't know if one can call that a routine.

As for today...After having a slow morning at home, cleaning, etc. I am at a coffee shop right now.
Later I'll do some work, before going to the gym to do some boulder problems.

I only climbed once this week. But it was a good session. Did several 11a's, a 11c and worked on a 11b... Fun routes all together. I'll have to get to the gym a bunch next week, since I won't have any chance to climb in New Mexico, where I am going next Sunday. Hopefully I might be able to get some running in though...

No comments: