Sunday, February 17, 2008

New Mexico

Work took me to Carlsbad, New Mexico for two weeks.

Although New Mexico is considered the Southwest, and therefore a potential playground, that doesn't really hold for the area around Carlsbad. Ok, there are the caverns, which are truly amazing (I visited them on my first trip here a year ago.), but other than that, there is not too much going on here. Also it doesn't help that I have to get up at 5:15 every morning (4:15 today), and that I do not have a car here, otherwise the Guadelupe mountains to the South and Sitting Bull Falls (?) might be worth a visit. On the way from the airport in El Paso I passed Hueco Tanks, where I will stop by on some other trip. Yup, those trips out here will be more frequently in the future... So I guess there are some things to do here, but the town of Carlsbad itself??? No thanks!
Very limited dinning options, not quantity wise, rather quality wise...and the lack of a coffee shop with decent hours do not make for a good destination. A bonus is the sunset as viewed from the living room window though... some pics will follow!

No comments: