Monday, January 21, 2008

Gym climbing

Tonight I got my butt kicked climbing in the gym.
I did just 8 climbs, but it was pretty physical...

After warming up on a .10a, and a .10b, we did two .10c's back to back. So far so good.
Next was an RZ .11a, which I was working on last week. Unsuccessfully...Today I made it. There was a lot of hanging, but hey... That will be eliminated soon...
Since my fingers were pretty tired by now, I suggested to climb the chimney in the 'icebox'. Did I mention I don't like chimneys very much? I think I am just too tall...anyway, I squirmed my way up somehow. It was pretty sweaty though... That was not enough torture though... Looking at the off-width crack in the icebox I had an idea of how I might be able to climb the thing...It was the first time that I came up with a suitable idea! Yay! Liebacking on the left edge was the secret... Wendy did a way better job than me, but somehow we got up...It was not clean, actually it was quite bloody, so we could not have entered the raffle PG had going when they first opened the icebox: Everyone who would climb the OW clean in the first month would qualify for a drawing where they gave away a Black Diamond #6 Camalot.

No comments: