Saturday, March 6, 2010

Counting down: 11 days to go

Alright, there are several reasons I have been looking forward to the middle of March.
It being the start of the new CSA season being the main one. I can't wait to have a box full of fresh, tasty veggies from Two Small Farms waiting for me every week. I feel that I definitely eat better when there are fresh vegetables around.
This year the veggie box will be supplemented by a meat box. After reading Micheal Pollan's 'Omnivore's Dillema' and 'In Defense of Food' and after seeing 'Food, Inc.' I think trying to get locally, sustainably grown meat (beef, pork, lamb, poultry) is a good thing for me and the planet.
The box will be supplied by Marin Sun Farms. I am definitely looking forward to this new experience and the experiments in the kitchen.
On top of these two reasons is the fact that at the end of that week daylight savings starts! It will be longer bright than only 6:30.
Oh, yeah, there's also the first race of the year: The Pirates Cove 20k, put on by PCTR.
Anyway, four reasons for me to be excited!

2 comments:

Megan said...

you are breaking my heart as well as all those poor, poor little helpless and lifeless animals. When I read this post to see that veggies would be replaced by MEAT!, I nearly wanted to have a heart attack :( Disappointment has set in. . .

Bjorn said...

Hm, perhaps you should have read more carefully. I said supplemented, not replaced.
And those poor, little animals def. have a better life than those going through the industrial food process. And you know what? You can taste it!
You should try it! :-)