Sunday, October 12, 2008

Recovery week

The past week was pretty slow, at least regarding work-outs. (Work was pretty busy though.)
Now that I am back in New Mexico there was no gym climbing or yoga, and after last weekends race I tuned down on the running part a bit. Wednesday and Friday I ran 5 easy miles and this morning I ran 7.5 miles. It was a horrible run though! The morning temperatures were in the low 50's for the entire week...But not today...low 70's...add the rain of last night and you have a muggy humidity, which makes for most unpleasant running.
I also brought my 'Rock Rings'. Since I was disappointed with my power endurance in the climbing gym after returning from NM last time I decided to do a little strength training out here too. I had two short sessions so far, and definitely feel it in my forearms... A good sign...
In combination with some push-ups and some core exercises this will get me somewhere.

Next week I will increase my mileage towards the Las Vegas marathon. I'll be doing a 6 mile tempo workout on Tuesday, an 4 mile easy run on Thursday and a long run of 16 miles on Saturday. Between the runs I'll try to keep up the strength work-outs.

No comments: