Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One of my favorite things

I've been wanting to write this post for a while...Well, for almost exactly a week.
On the drive from Carlsbad, NM to El Paso, TX I realized what one of my favorite things, or better activities is: Driving along a straight desert highway in perfect weather blasting power ballads in the radio. During last weeks drive the two radio stations which are available down there played the Scorpions' "Still Loving You", Def Lepard's "Hysteria" and Cinderella's "Nobody's Fool". It's just the pefect music for the situation. The funny thing is that I didn't even like that kind of music that much until I lived in Nevada 11 years ago. But listening to "Here I go again" by Whitesnake, speeding along an empty highway towards Death Valley, or to Ozzy's "Mama I'm coming home" while driving towards a sunset, can change some preferences...
It's definitely something I am looking forward toon my next trip to New Mexico - hopefully I'll get a rental with satelite radio...I hear there's a station called "Hair Nation" :-)

No comments: