Friday, August 8, 2008

Getting used to it!

Yes! Just came back from my third run of the week... It was the first one that actually felt really good. Probably because it was pretty cool tonight, only 30C (86F). It was supposed to be a long run of 7 miles, but I ended up running only 6 miles... This means that I am two miles short for this week...Well, I got Sundays run to make up for it.
The trick to keep runs out here pleasant is apparently to really watch the heart rate and go real slow... The high temperatures, the relatively high humidity (approx. 50%) and the rolling terrain are pretty taxing otherwise.

If I get 5 miles in on Sunday, I got the mileage, no speedwork though :-/
I'll work on that once I get back to the flat and cool trails in the Bay Area!

Most likely I'll visit the Guadalupe Mountain National Park this weekend...
Perhaps I'll re-visit the Carlsbad Caverns as well...

No comments: