Saturday, July 9, 2011

What's going on?

OK, yet another post starting with the remark that I haven't posted in a while.
What's different this time is the fact that there was simply nothing to write about. No adventures at all in quite a while. I realized that a few weeks ago, when I was asked at a party what my last adventure was, and I really had to think hard.
Life has been pretty busy in the last few months. Between a new job and a new housing situation there was simply not too much time to play. Even now, as things settle down I am rather happy to unwind on the weekends instead of hitting the road/mountains. A good example is last weekend. I went down to Whitney Portal, to scope out the approach to the Mountaineers Route and/or Whitney's East Face, East Buttress. I spent a rather unpleasant night, sleeping for about two hours, and when I woke up I realized that I didn't really want to be there. That was really a first! As the outdoors usually have been where I was happiest. I'm wondering what's going on, and try not to freak out about it...
On the other hand, I have been increasing my running mileage. For now the plan is to run the Jungle Run 10k in Los Gatos tomorrow, and the Santa Rosa 1/2 marathon in the end of August.
These two races will be followed by the Coastal 50k from Stinson Beach to Rodeo Beach in late September.

No comments: