Saturday, December 15, 2007

End of the hiatus

This weekend my hiatus of two weeks after the 1/2 marathon ended!
During the last couple of weeks I had to take care of a lot of different stuff, so that my physical activities were reduced to bouldering at the gym twice. Taking a "break" felt actually pretty good...Getting out on Friday felt even better :-)
Friday afternoon I took my mountain bike up to Monte Bello Open Space Preserve for an hour long ride. I have to check the stats of the ride... I can't even remember which trails I took.
Since this was the first time on my bike since mid-September, I felt a little rusty. That didn't keep me from hitting the climbing gym later that evening. Despite being tired from the ride I had a good couple of hours climbing with Dan. I am making progress on the 5.11c... only one hang this time.

Saturday afternoon I went for the first run after Las Vegas... And, Dang! Did it feel good. Only then did I realize how much I missed running. But also here the break was helpful. I ran approx. 5 miles on the SCT in just under 40 minutes. It would be great if I could keep that up for the 1/2 in San Francisco in February!

No comments: